In this room, you can review the draft goals and objectives for this study. These draft goals and objectives were put together in a collaborative process between Spotsylvania County, VDOT - Fredericksburg District, VDOT - Central Office and Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization.
The intended goals of this study are:
- Safety: Improve the anticipated safety performance of the corridor through spot (intersection) and/or systemic (corridor-wide) treatments.
- Traffic Operations: Improve the traffic operations of study intersections within the study corridor through the use of innovative intersection control strategies or other improvements.
- Incident Management: Maintain and/or improve the ability of the corridor to serve as an alternate route in the event of incidents along the adjacent I-95 corridor.
- Access Management: Improve access management along the corridor through the consolidation of access points or the restrictions of particular movements.
- Transit: Assess the potential for the introduction of transit service along the corridor.
If you have any suggested edits, modifications, additions to these draft goals, please see the the "Your Input" tab. We want to make sure we're setting out to solve the issues that are important to you.