About the Project
In this room, we will introduce you to the project and its schedule.
This study will evaluate Route 1 in Spotsylvania County from Commonwealth Drive to the county border with Caroline County, which is a distance of approximately 8 miles. It will review the existing and future operational performance and safety of Route 1 in this area. As a Corridor of Statewide Significance (CoSS) and part of the National Highway System (NHS), this corridor plays an important role in incident management along the I-95 corridor. The intersections of interest along this corridor are:
- Route 1/Commonwealth Drive
- Route 1/Route 749 (Old Telegraph Road)
- Route 1/Lad Land Drive
- Route 1/Route 608 (Massaponax Church Road)
- Route 1/Route 607 (Guinea Station Road)
- Route 1/River Run Parkway/Massaponax High School Driveway
- Route 1/Route 632 (Hickory Ridge Road)
- Route 1/Route 632 (North Roxbury Mill Road)
- Route 1/North Point Drive/Larkinchew Road
- Route 1/South Roxbury Mill Road
- Route 1/Morris Road/Mudd Tavern Road
- Route 1/Route 603 (Arcadia Road)
As a result of this study and your valuable input, all study intersections will be evaluated for potential improvements. After an initial screening of potential alternatives, improvements will be evaluated further for each intersection through development of conceptual designs and more detailed operational analysis. A second public meeting will be scheduled to collect feedback on these proposed designs!