Highway Transitions Concept Workshop
Welcome to the Highway Transitions Concept Workshop room.
The purpose of this room is to create concepts that provide a clear transition zone for motorists entering Terrebonne to:
- Lower speeds
- Create distinct transitions and sense of community
- Improve safety
- Enhance east-west connectivity for drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians
While you are here, please:
- Review the example highway transition and pedestrian crossing boards (on the right side of the page)
- Understand the magnitude of costs associated with certain transition and pedestrian crossing elements
- Print the following document and draw your recommended transitional and crossing elements:
- Take a picture of your preferred transitional and pedestrian crossing elements and send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Questions to Consider
As a driver, what makes you change speeds when you are on a highway?
What elements are effective in slowing down drivers?
How can we improve pedestrian and bicycle crossings of US 97?
What streetscape is most appropriate for Terrebonne to create a sense of place?