Highway Alignment Concept Workshop
Welcome to the Alignment Concept Workshop room.
The purpose of this room is to identify concepts for near- and long-term US 97 corridor alignment to:
- Improve safety
- Enhance access to businesses and residents
- Maintain/improve freight mobility
- Provide safe crossings for drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians
While you are here, please:
- Review the example corridor alignment boards (on the right side of the page)
- Understand the magnitude of costs associated with certain highway elements
- Print the following documents and draw your recommended alignment:
- Take a picture of your preferred corridor alignment and send a copy to email@example.com
Key Questions to Consider
Where does the community ultimately want or need the the US 97 highway alignment?
-Main Street – How would additional lanes impact the community by widening US 97 from two to four lanes within Terrebonne? -Couplet – How would a couplet utilizing US 97 for two southbound lanes and 11th Street for two northbound lanes impact traffic flow and congestion and the community? -Bypass – Where might a bypass of the community be located?
What form should the highway take to address long-term capacity and community needs?
How do these alternative alignments fit within existing right-of-way, address future traffic needs, and meet the identified goals, objectives, and evaluation criteria of the project?