Industrial & University Areas
This page describes the key needs and draft improvements for the Industrial and University Areas. These are broken down by subarea below.
Mt. Washington Drive Corridor
- Address school area circulation and management concerns to alleviate offsite congestion spillover.
- Provide strategic crossings of Mt. Washington Drive for pedestrians and bicycles, especially in the vicinity of area schools.
Colorado Avenue Corridor
- Improve the Colorado Avenue/Columbia Street intersection.
- Provide alternative bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- Consider regional need for additional capacity across Deschutes River.
Bond Street/Reed Market Road Intersection
- Identify opportunities to enhance capacity and/or efficiency at the intersection
- Identify roadway connectivity improvements to disperse traffic volumes across multiple corridors. demand. The City’s upcoming Transportation System Plan provides the appropriate forum to address this systematic need as these routes are likely to be outside of the CWP. Improvements that better utilize the Aune Street undercrossing could improve connectivity into/out of the Old Mill Area.
Select Exhibits on the right to view larger. When you have had a look, provide your feedback below.
Interested in what the Preferred Land Use scenario assumes in the industrial and university areas? Click Here