11th Street - Two-Way Protected Bike Lanes
This concept would include a two-way protected bike lane on the majority of the route shown below. Exhibits illustrating how the route might look after the project is implemented are also included on this page.
The one exception would be the bridge over the Link River, where it is suggested that the bridge include a shared-use path on one side. This reconfiguration would involve eliminating the walkway on the other side.
Benefits & Considerations
- Direct and visible connection from downtown core to Moore Park
- Process access to businesses along Oregon Avenue
- Calms traffic on Nevada Street and Oregon Avenue
- Requires removing an auto lane on 11th Street
- Requires removing approximately 51 on-street parking spaces from one side of Oregon Avenue
Below are renderings of what the streets could look like with this concept.
11th Street Before and After
Oregon Avenue Before and After
Nevada Street Before and After